Welcome to Kaurna country, forum purpose and networking.
The final More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Teachers Initiative (MATSITI) National #OurMobTeach Conference will be held on the land of the Kaurna nation, the original people of the Tarndanya (Adelaide) Plains.
#OurMobTeach will bring together the findings of four years of education workforce project reforms and celebrate the diversity and successes of our mob and our teachers.
The national event is aimed at Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teachers and leaders in schools, and staff responsible for promoting teaching, training, recruitment and school leadership development for Indigenous people.
#OurMobTeach conference themes include:
- A celebration of culture and education: a deadly teaching and leadership journey;
- Engagement and success in teacher education;
- Successful transition from teacher education to employment;
- Early career success in teaching and professional learning;
- Pathways from teaching to school leadership;
- Evidence-based research, policy and practices; and
- Future teacher workforce diversity, development and sustainability.
It is important to acknowledge and celebrate the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teachers to the learning of Australian students and the unique qualities they bring to the teaching profession.
We look forward to working with you at this important conference for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander educators to influence sustainable employment reforms for our people.
Yamaiyamarna Paitya – teachers are deadly!
|Professor Peter Buckskin Hon. D.Ed., PSM, FACE
More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Dean: Indigenous Scholarship, Education and Research, University of South Australia
|Dr Kaye Price Phd., MEd, BEd., Dip Teach., FACE
More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Teachers Initiative