Declaration to Ministers by #OurMobTeach conference delegates
Unable to view presentation? Download PowerPoint or PDF links below.
Following the National MATSITI conference on 1 October, there was consensus among #OurMobTeach delegates:
- to endorse the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Strategy 2015-2018
- seek recommitment of the Australian Education Council (Ministers) to a more equitable ratio of teachers to Indigenous students
- call for an alliance of education and Indigenous partners to implement and monitor the Strategy
- to support the first priority of the Strategy: Leadership, quality teaching and workforce development
- to ensure a robust data, evidence and accountability framework
- to continue the MATSITI alliance
Tarndanya Declaration (PDF)»
Delegate workshop recommendations for teacher education, employment and leadership development will align with this Declaration.
Feedback on the Declaration can be provided via:
- email to
- the comments or suggestions form below [comments are moderated before publication]