During 2014, the project is designed to:
- raise the awareness of teacher education courses, including alternative entry options, for young people from the Torres Strait Islanders under 35 years of age
- identify Torres Strait Islanders under 35 years of age who may be interested or demonstrate the appropriate aptitude for completing a teacher education course
- raise the awareness of teaching as a career for young people from the Torres Strait Islanders under 35 years of age
- increase the number of Cert III Education students from Tagai State College that continue on enrol in teacher education courses
- increase the general enrolment in teacher education courses of students from the Torres Strait Islanders under 35 years of age.
Yumi Inc. is a not-for-profit incorporated association by representatives of every island community of the Torres Strait, and leading advocacy group on employment in the region.
The education career promotion is supported by the MATSITI initiative.
See all YUMI projects on this site.